Thursday, January 04, 2007

JLA/JSA

Wizard has posted an interview with Geoff Johns and Brad Meltzer previewing the upcoming JLA/JSA crossover. Among the promised highlights is Hal Jordan teaming up with Jay Garrick. As Meltzer comments, there's nothing like a bold, brave team-up between the Flash and Green Lantern.

The Justice League of America and Justice Society of America have had two dozen official team-ups since their first meeting back in 1963, but writers Geoff Johns and Brad Meltzer aim to make the latest encounter between DC’s two biggest teams in 2007 something special...

After a rocky few pre-Rebirth years for Hal Jordan, teaming up with some old friends among the JSA will be a treat for the Emerald Gladiator.“We get to see Hal Jordan with Jay Garrick, and there’s nothing like a Green Lantern-Flash team-up,” gushes Meltzer. “[Hal] respects that older generation of heroes. These are his teachers. When he gets to see Jay Garrick run, it touches a very emotional chord for him.”

3 comments:

West said...

I don't find Hal/JSA team-up particularly compelling, but I've had a mildly positive impression of Meltzer's JLA characterizations and interactions.

I don't always agree with them, but they're kind of interesting. I see potential.

I guess we'll see.

Dixon said...

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to check out Meltzer's JLA yet. I'll be waiting for that first trade paperback collection.

West said...

I'm almost exclusively a tp/hc man, but sometimes I can't help myself.

I picked up the first JLA ish and every issue of FF: The End, so far.