Thursday, August 02, 2007

Interview: Mark Waid

Will Mark Waid be leaving The Flash once again, so soon after bringing Wally West back to us? The internet has been awash with rumors, rumors that gained a boost from the San Diego Comic-Con announcement that Waid had been named Editor-in-Chief of BOOM! Studios. According to the writer himself, however, that is simply not the case. Newsarama has posted an interview with Waid regarding his new position and his work on DC's The Brave and the Bold and The Flash. He takes the opportunity to set the record straight regarding his dedication to the scarlet speedster.

"The deal with BOOM! is not exclusive... Like I said before, I enjoy working with those characters, so they knew I'd want to continue doing that. But second, it is important to remind people that I can still fulfill my other commitments and still work with other characters because we don't want this announcement to be about me leaving somewhere else, but instead the announcement should be about me joining BOOM! Studios. That's what the focus of this announcement should be about. I have every intention of fulfilling my commitment at DC, and I've been talking to Marvel about what I can do there. And I don't anticipate that any of that will change... Look, this was part of the deal from the beginning--that I keep doing these comics. I want to keep doing Brave and the Bold. I want to keep doing Flash. As far as how long, we'll see what happens, but I'm committed to them right now."

No comments: